Monday, June 05, 2006

Saturday in San Francisco

(McPickles Photosphere)

Activities in San Francisco

Before we get started, let me point out that the weather was the best I have ever seen for SF. Usually when it gets too hot in the summer it gets crazy foggy (the hot air mixes with the cool Pacific air = fog). For whatever reason, the fog effect didn't happen and in turn it was 80 degrees and sunny with clear skies....unbelievable.

1. Embarcadero Farmer's Market: Unlike any other farmer's market I have patronized. The vendors are wineries and cheesemakers from Napa & Sonoma, Indian specialty stores, and of course, farmers from the Valley. Great way to start the morning. The fruit lasted us the entire day.
2. Telegraph Hill/Coit Tower/Fisherman's Wharf: The climb up Telegraph Hill is exhausting, but it is worth it for the view from the Coit Tower.
3. Cable car ride to Union Square: The Cable Car Driver made a point to all of the passengers that Karen was wearing a wedding band and I was not. He told everytone something illicit was going on...funny to a point.
4. The Haight: Big burritos, Hippie Hill, shopping.
5. Golden Gate Bridge: It is a proven fact that a minimum of twenty photos must be taken when you visit. Karen and I sat there for a while and watched the seals play in the Bay.
6. Marin Headlands & Rodeo Beach: Sunset over the Pacific, incredible views of the City, sand in my shoes. Nice end to the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home