Sunday, January 04, 2009

Operation Cast Lead

McPickles News Editorial

I just don't even know what to think about this one. Will sending the Palestinians (further) into the Stone Age really accomplish Israel's political goals??? Maybe this is naive, but I always thought the key to peace was to build up the Palestinians' economy, so they wouldn't have to turn to Hamas (i.e., the Mafia) for protection and stability.



So, instead of outsourcing IT jobs to Bangalore, maybe U.S. (and Israeli) companies send them to Ramallah and Gaza. Give the Palestinian people income and homes, give them McDonald's, Arby's and Christina Aguilera. Give them a decent standard of living. Make it a 5-7 year plan. If it doesn't work, Israel can always re-bomb them. Violence on this scale seems to be - well, passe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Arby's closed in Sandy Springs; I'll be out back building my bomb shelter............

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home