The Final Word
To My Diepenbrock Harrison Family:
Tomorrow is my last day as your colleague. I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for an amazing experience.
I came to this firm roughly 6 1/2 years ago from Washington, DC basically not knowing a soul. I was 28 years old, had never been in private practice before, and was essentially a novice just trying to find his way.
Luckily, I did. And for that I have to thank Mark Harrison, Andrea Matarazzo, and Jeff Dorso (who translated Mark's handwriting for me). Without these people I never would have grown as an attorney. I worry now that the time I spent with these three people - my mentors - may have been the most productive and exciting years I will ever have as an attorney. I will never be able to thank Mark, Andrea, and Jeff enough.
I also want to be candid and say how truly appreciative I was to carry the Diepenbrock banner. To go to events and say one works for Jack, Karen, and Eileen Diepenbrock brings instant respect in this town. It will continue to be a source of pride for me that I was able fly the Diepenbrock flag. For me, the Diepenbrock family remains the classiest show in town. Thank you.
Finally, I just want to thank the staff at Diepenbrock Harrison - I think I made friends with all of you (even you Serena :)) - you will continue to be my friends. Don't forget to sing out loud (especially you, Ema Zuna, Melissa Adams and Jean Seaton ) and, above all, to keep your sense of humor.
I will ultimately define my experience at Diepenbrock Harrison by the comraderie exhibited in the hallways. Strategy talks with David Temblador and Sean Hungerford. Teasing Robin about being Canadian and Jeff Anderson about being Jeff Anderson. Begging Bradley Elkin to let me steal his music collection. Listening to Joel Erb preach about the virtues of beer. Throwing the football down the hallway with Mr. Dorso. It was these every hour/everyday occurrences that made Diepenbrock Harrison so much fun for me. Great people. Great memories in the halls with them.....The team.
Thank you everyone for a great journey.
Sincerely, Dan
My contact information at Larry & Rees is as follows:
dsilverboard@gordonrees.com
Office: (916) 565-2900
Direct line: (916) 830-6517.
Address: 655 University Ave, Suite 200, Sacramento CA 95825
I begin there May 3rd. In the meantime, please e-mail me at dsilverb@yahoo.com.
p.s. Gilberto Castro is the best ever.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home