Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Everybody Comes To Hollywood....."

"Now I Can Die In Peace"
By Snatchy McPickles
(Hollywood)
McPickles News: "Since 1976, Bringing The Thunder"

So, an update. I was in Hollywood the last two days for a conference. We decided to splurge and stay at the Chateau Marmont, which is truly an unbelievable place. The first day, Sunday, we dined in the courtyard for brunch. Sitting next to us were Amy Poehler and Will Arnett (aka, Stranz & Fairchild Von Waldenberg).

Sunday night we took some clients to Yamashiro, high in the Hollywood Hills. Amazing views, amazing sushi. Recognizing that it was Emmy night, we promptly flew back to the Chateau, where we were greeted by paparazzi who were there awaiting stars. Imagine their disappoinment when a big, beat-up taxi appeared and dumped off some lawyers from Sacramento. Anyway, the post-Emmy spectacle at the Chateau was truly amazing. Lots of "beautiful people" wandering around hobnobbing.

And then we come to Monday morning. Ahhh....Monday Morning. Again we headed to brunch in the Chateau courtyard to meet up with Jeff's sister Beth. At one point a woman got up from her table and walked past us for the lobby. I recognized that face - so did Beth. We looked at each other and our jaws pretty much dropped.

It was Natalie Portman.

I was dumbstruck. I mean, Natalie Portman! She was there dining with, I must guess was her father and a friend, though who really knows. I could hear her laughing and talking (again confirming it was her). It wasn't really until she got up and walked past me and gave me a look did I realize that, yes, she is beautiful. The thought occurred to me to at least try and speak to her - but what the hell was I going to say? Ask her if she enjoyed her ulpan in Jerusalem? Needless to say, I quickly quashed the idea.

Natalie is the woman with her back to us at the other table. Beth is in the foreground. (McPickles Photosphere)

After brunch I went downstairs to the Lobby to await Jeff. Sitting down on an oversized couch, I again caught a glimpse of Natalie. She was in the back corner of the lobby - this time with her boyfriend (that really hairy singer for some underground band no one has ever heard of). Jeff and I sat down there until check-out time had approached. It was definitely a shame to have to leave that hotel.

Anyway, there are many pictures from the trip that I will post soon. Let me conclude, that any negative thoughts that I have had towards LA in the past were erased on this trip.

(McPickles News)

2 Comments:

Blogger JWH said...

Now listen to Randy Newman's I Love LA and get excited!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Access would have capitalized on that opportunity.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home